Roll Forming Operator
- December 21, 2015
- Posted by: chinarollingmachine
- Category: KNOWLEDGE
Sets up and operates roll forming line to form longitudinal bends, rolls, beads and punches holes in the fabricated profiles. Operates all secondary equipment that is associated with the roll forming process. Support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, bending, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors.
• Operate the roll forming line and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
• Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
• Test run new roll form tooling to generate sample parts. Strong knowledge of roll form tooling and ability to evaluate and generate improvement opportunities to tooling and process is preferred.
• Be able to handle raw material with overhead crane and load roll forming machine with raw material.
• Be able to determine condition of tools (rework and clean when necessary) and verify coolant levels in the equipment.
• Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities and report productivity to the supervisor.
• Keeping work area clean and organized is required.
• Provide a high level of attention to detail and focus on a given task.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Assemble items as instructed by shift leader.
• Prepare product for shipment.
• Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using hoist.
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 5+ years experience as operator and set up operator on roll forming lines is preferred.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred.
• Solid background working with sheet metal.
• Knowledge of punching process and punch tooling.
• Knowledge of roll form tooling and maintenance.
• Ability to work with a variety of hand tools including angle grinders, drills and polishers.
• Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
• Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
• Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
• Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
• Candidate has to be reliable.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (PREFERRED)
• Roll form tool making and tool maintenance experience is preferred.
• Ability to program industrial robots is preferred.
• Knowledge of lifting techniques.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Ability to lift heavy items.
By signing below, I confirm that I have read and had the opportunity to ask questions about the responsibilities and requirements outlined in this job description. Furthermore I acknowledge and confirm my understanding and acceptance of the responsibilities and requirements for this position as outlined in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.